There are some exclusions which are detailed fully in the policy wording. Here are some of the main ones:
• There is no cover under any section of the policy and no trip cancellation cover as a result of the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) changing their advice and moving a country from the current exempt from quarantine list. There is also no cover, including if you have to cancel your trip as a result of you being unable to travel due to government travel restrictions (e.g. National Lockdown or Tier Restrictions). If you decide to travel anyway, this policy will not cover you for any peril that may arise, and any subsequent claim under any section of cover in the policy will be rejected.
• Travelling against medical advice or to obtain medical treatment;
• Pre-existing medical conditions that haven't been agreed by us;
• Hazardous sports or activities that haven't been agreed by us;
• Pregnancy or childbirth, if the due date is less than 12 weeks (16 weeks for a multiple birth) after the end of the trip;
• Theft from unattended vehicles in some circumstances;
• Loss or theft of baggage not reported to the police within 24 hours or as soon as possible after that; and
• Flying, except as a fare-paying passenger in a licensed passenger carrying aircraft
Please also see our dedicated COVID-19 insurance information.